Saturday 13 June 2015

6 Ways To Get Fitter And Healthier This Summer


Recently I have decided to try and have a fitter and healthier lifestyle, I have come up with some ways in which to do that which aren't to challenging (lets just say I am not the most sporty person!). These things are easy to do and should be fun not tedious.


Jogging, Walking Or Running
Any three of these ways are so easy to do and help you get fitter quickly, whether you run or you walk somewhere at least you are getting some exercise, its also something you can do with a friend. Recently me and my friend Hannah  (Go check out her amazing blog) have started going for jogs together to get fit and its such a fun thing to do.

Drinking Smoothies Or Water 
Replacing fizzy drinks with either smoothies or water will make your diet a lot healthier and its such an easy thing to do. I can't wait to get a blender so I can start making smoothies, I have had a look at smoothies recipes and putting in a few spinach leaves can make your smoothies even more healthy for you and you can't even taste it.

After-School Activities
Most schools offer a good range of sports clubs after-school for free. These are such good things to get into, you can do it with your friends and generally just have a good time while exercising.

Sports Clubs
I play for a netball team outside of school and really its one of the things that keep me healthiest throughout the year. I end up doing a training session and one or matches a week, its also a great way to meet new friends and learn new skills.

Keep Track Of What Your Eating
This seems like such a simple thing but by making sure you eat more fruit a day and less sugary treats can impact your health a lot. I am not saying that sugary foods are a no-go just try and concentrate on eating more fruits a day (drinking smoothies is a great way to do this).

How Many Steps You Take In A Day
On average we are supposed to take 10,000 steps a day but most of us are doing a lot less than that. By getting some king of  pedometer (I use an app to measure steps) you can see how many steps you are taking and simply try to get up to that 10,000. An hour of well-paced walking can burn off 400 calories which proves something simple like walking can work very well.


I hope you find some of these ways useful in helping you get fitter or healthier if you want to. Never feel pressured to try and be fitter you are all perfect the way you are, summer shouldn't be all about having a perfect body its just about having fun while you have the time to.

What are you most looking forward to this summer?



Ella x
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Having our little jogging sessions😂👏🏼💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed this post! I have to walk to and from school and i shall be definately downloading an app!! I just cant wait to go to the beach and chill without stressing about exams or revision x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I, its definitely really helpful thing to have. I don't have exams but me neither I am counting down the days till summer x :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely blog you have! This post has so many good ideas- I'll definitely be using some! Would mind checking out my blog too? :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much :) I am glad you have found it useful, and of course I will look now xx

      Delete
  4. You have such a beautiful blog! Mind checking out mine? xx tysm x
    Cookie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Of course not I will do now :) xx

      Delete
  5. You're blog is amazing!! What app do you use to measure the steps??
    Lucy Ann xx

    ReplyDelete