Friday 10 April 2015

How To | HTML For Beginners


HTML can be very difficult and is almost essential in designing your blog if you want to do more than what blogger lets you. I needed HTML for things like centering my titles headers, dates and gadgets but to find all the HTML I needed I had to visit several different websites which was quite annoying. So I am going to give you some simple HTML you can use in one place and how to use it.


How to center page navigation links:

These are the links usually under you blog header (It is the bar at the top of my blog that says, home, about me, blogs and disclaimer). If you want to center this head over to your Template page then click on Customize and on the top left hand menu press Advanced.

From there select Add CSS and copy and paste the following code into the text box:

.PageList {text-align:center !important;} .PageList li {float:none !important; display:inline !important;}


How to center your blog header:

Centering your blog header is very easy and can make all the difference to your blog. To do this its the same as the first tutorial (Template - Customize - Advanced - Add CSS)

Copy and paste the following code into the text box:

#header-inner {text-align:center !important;} #header-inner img {margin: 0 auto !important;}      


How to center your blog post title and date:

This is the title and date at the top of your blog post. To center go to the same place where you have entered the other code (Template - Customize - Advanced - Add CSS)
Copy and paste the following code into the text box:

Centering your post title:

.post-title {text-align:center;}


Centering your post dates:

.date-header {text-align:center;}



Hope this helps you all. HTML will help you a lot in designing your blog but it can be extremely confusing! I used every single one of these codes to help me in designing my blog.

Comment below any questions you have about designing your blog and maybe I can help you.



Ella x
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment