Saturday 11 July 2015

My Braces Experience




First of all I would like to apologise for the lack of posts for 2 weeks this was because I decided to take a break from blogging to catch up with my homework and revision. During those two weeks I got my braces off after a year of wearing them!! I thought I would do this post as I know that many people have to get braces at one point and I want to be able to help prepare any of you who are getting braces soon, I am going to be writing about what happened/my experience in getting braces. I have put the before and after I got my braces off above.


Before I got them on I had been advised to take pain killers about 1 hour before I went and got my braces put on, this might have been the best advice ever because for about 3 hours after I got them on I had no aches or pain. But as it started wearing off it felt like my whole face was aching it wasn't painful it just was like a dull ache. Eating was hard for the first few days as my teeth hurt when any pressure was put on them but to get round that all you have to is eat soft foods and foods you don't have to chew. After a week/two weeks you should feel back to normal again.


I went back every so often to get my braces tightened to sort out my overbite and each time the ache came back but only lasted for a day. Around January/February time I got given little elastic bands (they look a little like loom bands) that connected from the front to the back of my braces. If you get these elastic bands it is really important that you wear them when you are told to because if you never wear it your teeth aren't going to change and you will just have to wear braces for longer.


Braces aren't the worst things ever and I think I have got lucky on my experience with getting them. If you are getting braces soon, it may seem like a long and tedious thing but trust me in the end all of it will be so worth it.

If you have braces what is the best advice you would give to someone just getting braces?



Ella x


5 comments:

  1. My friend got braces a few weeks ago and she said they hurt like hell the first few days but then the pain went away after a few days.
    hope you're having a good day,
    ~ basicallychloe xx
    Don't forget to smile! :) ~ x
    www.basicallychloeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what happened to me!! :)

      Delete
  2. I had braces for a year and a half and got them taken off in February.
    Is it just me or is getting them taken off the best feeling in the world? Being able to eat anything you want aha. Great post, and your photography is great!
    http://pinksmartiesblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not just you, I felt like I was free :) that's the best part not having to worry about what your eating and thankyou so much! xx

      Delete
  3. I've had braces since November, but not quite the train-track style that you have. At the moment I have a retainer style brace that aims to move my jaw back to balance out my teeth, when that course is finished, I will then move on to get a similar style shown in the pictures! Thanks for all of the info, and your teeth look great!xx

    New Blog Post www.hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete