Saturday 13 February 2016

How I Edit My Blog & Instagram Photos

I get a lot of questions on my Instagram and blog asking me how I edit my photos and I have done this post before but it was a long, long time ago and I feel an updated version is needed! I have been doing the same editing routine for a while now because I feel it works so well and gives me really nice outcomes. The app I like to use and have been using for a good 2 years is Aviary which is a free editing app and I love it. I have shown a collage above of how I edited it but I will go through the steps below:


Top Left | Brightness
The first thing I do when I edit my photos is adjust the brightness and I turn it up until I think it is right and suits the picture. Just make sure not to go over board with the brightness otherwise the quality of your picture will go down.


Top Right | Shadows
Next I turn down the shadows so the dark bits of the photo come through more and give the picture a clearer look.


Bottom Left | Highlights
After the shadows I turn up the highlights so whereas before I made the dark shadows more obvious this time the lighter sections in the photo show up more. I think this definitely makes a big difference by doing this.


Bottom Right | Saturation
And last but not least I turn up the saturation, this makes any colour in the photo stand out more so the picture ends up looking more vibrant. But again be careful not to overdo this step otherwise your picture may come out looking orange and over edited.


I use this same routine for every photo on my blog and Instagram and I love how they turn out, although I have been experimenting with editing with other apps one being vsco cam so my Instagram editing may change soon! If you would like to have a look at my Instagram my username is @sprinkesofella and it is also linked on the right of my blog.

What is your favourite app for editing?


11 comments:

  1. Loved this post! I am obsessed with your instagram account, you are so good at taking photos. I might try editing my photos like this xx

    www.moonandrosessx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your Instagram account to xx

      Delete
  2. This was such a helpful post and your pictures always look soo pretty! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad it was helpful! Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  3. Your photos are beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing this x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so helpful! I'm so glad that you posted this! This will really allow me to, finally, achieve good-quality photos!Lovely posts!:)xx

    Check out my recent post?
    I'm trying to blog everyday in half term :)
    http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/contouring-101.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad this has been helpful to you! Thank you and I will be sure to have a look at your posts xx

      Delete
    2. Aw thank you!:)


      *shameless plug*
      Check out my blog?
      I'm trying to blog everyday in half term?:)
      http://hannahporterx.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/fotd-golden-goddess-makeup-look.html

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this this was so so helpful!! Your photos are amazing, I'm still trying to improve on my photography hopefully one day I learn :) xxx
    Becky Shannon xx - Life-by-Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad it helped!! Thank you so much, and I find just practising a lot helps so much xx

      Delete