Saturday 3 September 2016

5 Ways You Could Prepare For Your GCSE's


When I go back to school this year I am going to be in year 11 and will be sitting my GCSE exams near the end of the school year which I have to say is an extremely scary thought! Although its a little early to start revising it will be useful in the future so I have found 5 ways that you can prepare for your GCSE's for my sake and if any of you are soon to be doing your GCSE's or are in the same year as me I hope you find this post useful.


1. Start revising early in the year
This isn't a necessary thing but it could be useful to start revising topics from the start of the year so that when your exams come you don't have as much work to do before them.



2. Buy/make a revision booklet
In the picture at the top of this post is a 10 subject notebook which I bought from Paperchase and I think it is a great thing to have because it means you can have all of your revision posters, mind maps etc. in one place and in organised sections. Making it easier to revisit and carry around.



3. Create a revision timetable
To organise your time to make sure that you do revision you can make a revision timetable which will help encourage you to revise, you can either make one yourself or if you type 'revision timetable' into google there are loads of free websites that will do this.



4. Use mind maps
This may not be your favourite way to revise as everyone has different ways they find easiest but I love using mind maps and to me they help a lot because all the information is in one place, if you haven't tried this I definitely recommend it.



5. Remember to relax as well
Obviously there is a time where you have to relax and for a while just try and not stress about your upcoming GCSE's (I know that is very hard), to do this just make sure to take a break between revising every now and again.



I think I will be using most of these ways when I come to start revising and I hope that you all found this useful in some way to. Also to anyone that got there GCSE or A level results back this summer I hope that you got everything your worked for.

What is your advice for preparing for GCSE's?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck for this year! I've just completed my GCSE's and am about to start A-Levels.
    A piece of advice I would give you is to purchase a big refill notepad. They're very cheap and perfect for practising maths equations, jotting down to-do lists and testing word combinations without worrying about how neat it is!

    Lauren ♥ | Sincerely, Lauren Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope that you find your A Levels okay as I know they can be hard, that sounds great I think I will definitely be purchasing one of them soon as that sounds very useful! xx

      Delete
  2. This is such a good post- especially the timing is great because it is important to start preparing early on. I did my first set of official examinations last year, but I don't know what the equivalent of GCSEs is in my school system. Anyway, good luck Ella! I'm sure you'll do really well.

    Aimee // Cloudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I have heard that it is good to start early on so hopefully I will be doing just that. I don't know what the equivalent is either but I hope that your exams you did last year went well. Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  3. I've just done my GCSES and am starting college now but with these tips you will smash yours! Good luck x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete