Saturday 12 September 2015

Drugstore Makeup Starter Kit





I am sorry for not posting last week, it was because I got swamped with homework and I really needed to get it all done and I wanted a post I had taken time on and not rushed to give to you. This post is a collab with Hannah from Hannah Rose her blog is beautiful so make sure to check out her version of this post.


Garnier BB Cream 
I have been using this BB cream for god knows how long and I think its perfect for anyone starting out on makeup because its got a very light coverage and its also very moisturising. If you want something with a bit more coverage I really recommend the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation.


Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer
This concealer is honestly in my opinion the best drugstore concealer because its not cakey, it really brightens up any dark circles and conceals so well also it lasts all day.


Revolution Blush Palette - Golden Sugar
I have used this palette a lot recently because not only has it got blushes in it it also has 3 contour shades and a highlighter, they are all lovely shades and so pigmented.


Sleek Blush - Rose Gold
I got this blush a little while back because of all the good things I heard about it, at first I didn't really like this blush but as I wore it more often I fell in love with it. It is quite a bright pink/rose colour but when on it is just a lovely subtle glow of pink and it really looks lovely. Also because it has  a little bit of shimmer in it it creates an almost highlight at the same time.


Maybelline Brow Drama
This is a very recent purchase for me and I love it this is perfect for anyone starting out on makeup because it shapes your eyebrows so well but in a really natural way. 


Collection Eyes Uncovered Palette
I have 2 of these palettes and the colours are beautiful and so pigmented, if you are starting out on makeup these pallets are really good because they are lovely nude colours.


Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara
This mascara has to be the best mascara for lengthening and thickening lashes, it is very like the Benefit Roller Lash but at a fraction of the price. If you don't want a mascara as bold as this the Rimmel Wonder'full mascara is a favourite of mine as well.


L'Oreal Colour Riche Lipstick - 302
This was the first lipstick I ever bought and I wear it constantly, the colour 302 is a beautiful nude shade that is perfect for if your starting out on makeup because it's not a bold colour at all.


This is a makeup routine I use a lot for school/everyday and I keep finding that drugstore makeup is getting better and better in its quality. I hope you found this helpful if you want to get into makeup now or any time in the future :) 


What is your favourite drugstore makeup item?








3 comments:

  1. Your posts make me so jealous! I absolutely love Maybelline's Brow Drama but I haven't tried any of the other products in this post, (someones on their way to boots)!

    Ella x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thankyou :) Brow Drama is one of my favourite products now, haha I could go crazy in Boots xx

      Delete
  2. Hey, just letting you know that I have nominated you in my recent post the liebster award. Em. Xx

    ReplyDelete