Sunday 1 February 2015

How to clean your makeup brushes

Hello Everyone!! So for a while now I have been meaning to clean my makeup brushes (they have been practically shouting 'clean me!' at me for months) and now is the time. I have found out that every time you use your brushes to apply makeup you are picking up bacteria from your skin and it is left on your brush after you have finished and the next time you use the brush the same happens again but this time the bacteria that was on your brush is now on your skin (uuuugh) . Its a dreadful circle which will only cause you more trouble by gaining spots, this is why you should clean your brushes regularly:

 
 

 
 1. Dampen your brushes slightly by wetting a flannel with lukewarm water.


 
 
2. Using any cleaning product of your choice ( I used and highly recommend the Dove supreme fine silk beauty cream) pump a little bit onto the top of your brush.
 
 



 
 
3. Start to swirl the brush around on the palm of your hand, every now and again adding a little bit of water to lather up the product. (Makeup should start to come out onto your hand now)




4. Squeeze out excess product and watch it wash away down the plug hole. Do this about 3 times.


 
 
 
6. And Voila! You are finished, stop and admire your clean brushes.
 
 
 
 
You should repeat this process every 2-3 weeks so your brushes don't get to dirty. I hope this helps you in every possible way it can help. I will be doing a haul very soon so keep your eyes open for that. Have a lovely day!
 
 
Ella x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment